Reply To: THURS Jul 16th – COACHING CALL –Post Q’s / Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST

Homepage Forums Sprint To Profit Discussion THURS Jul 16th – COACHING CALL –Post Q’s / Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST Reply To: THURS Jul 16th – COACHING CALL –Post Q’s / Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST

Cherie K
Participant

Hi Coaches

I’m in the S2P group week 12  – Launching

I’d like some advice regarding Amazon’s recent news about preparing for the peak season:

Quantity limits

To maximize selection for customers during peak, we are introducing ASIN-level quantity limits on products in FBA. Most products will have enough space available for over three months of sales.

You can view quantity limits for your products on the Restock Inventory page and the Restock report. We will continually review this and, when possible, make adjustments to allow for more of your products.

Whilst this is ok for sellers  who have products live already,  I am now unsure as to the way forward with launching a new product in Q3 or Q4 (Q4 obviously not ideal anyway due to high costs). My  understanding is the quantity limits for  new products is being capped at  200 units. This amount will severely prohibit my ability to  launch successfully as I require 400 promotional units, plus further stock needs to be available.  I can store the remaining stock in a 3pl and drip feed it in, however with the incredibly slow check in of stock, it may be that I am OOS during launch. Possible pathways forward:

1. Continue with launch plan for Q3/Q4 (200 unit limit) and try and create multiple shipping plans for 200 units.

2. Store remaining stock in 3pl and drip feed in and hope the stock is checked in quickly, to avoid going OOS. (This will add extra expense as I will need to pay for shipping from 3pl to Amazon)

3. Hold off on launching until Q1 and continue to source and identify products to add to my brand and hit it hard in Q1?

Thanks for addressing this question for me.