Reply To: Top Competitors Daily Sales comparison- which one is best?

Homepage Forums Sprint To Profit Discussion Top Competitors Daily Sales comparison- which one is best? Reply To: Top Competitors Daily Sales comparison- which one is best?

Terrence N
Participant

Isaac:

Yes, that makes good sense. Thank you. Because I’m focused on the sports, outdoors, hiking and camping niche I’m finding it hard to find products that are not seasonal with peak sales in the May to August period. I understand that during the launch period I need to match or beat the average on page 1. That’s what the PAB calculates for the number of launch units. I also know it’s much better to select a product that is not decidedly seasonal, but if I do launch one of those, using the peak daily sales level to calculate first order, I run the risk of substantially overstocking with associated capital cost and storage fees. By the time I get product into Amazon the peak is well past.

So I will continue to evaluate products. I have some on my list that are less seasonal than the ones that prompted this query so I’ll reevaluate those or find new ones. It’s abundantly clear to me that under capitalization is a major issue and the idea you can start small and build from there on Amazon is not generally a good approach.

Thanks for you help.

Regards, Terry