Reply To: #POLL Brand Name – any suggestions welcome!

Homepage Forums Sprint To Profit Discussion #POLL Brand Name – any suggestions welcome! Reply To: #POLL Brand Name – any suggestions welcome!

Laura H
Laura H
Participant

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for this. Yes of course, I will re-post along with my BPS. Would I be best to start a new post including it and could you possibly delete this thread?

I have spent quite a lot of time trying to find the brand name (5 days in a row…!)- doing the brainstorm exercise/checking trademark website/using namelix/searching synonyms/looking at existing homeware brands.

The majority of brands that I shop from don’t have obvious names – they’re always someone’s name or something subtle/abstract e.g. Cox & Cox, Loaf, Rockett St George, Ferm Living… which is one of the key reasons I’m struggling.

I understand the direction here is to be more obvious/be emotive, however anything I come up with through the brainstorming is either trademarked (a common problem for everyone I’m sure) – or sounds really ‘naff’ to me and I understand why it’s never been used before!

My adjectives:

contemporary

cool

fine

fab

stylish

modern

trendy

swanky

chic

proud

Nouns:

house

home

living (not quite a noun!)

lifestyle

habitat

haven

homeware

walls

palace

castle

I also looked at verbs as another angle:

love

admire

swoon

I appreciate any advice or ideas you can give, thanks!

Thanks