Reply To: COACHING CALL – Thur 25th Jun –Post Questions/Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST

Homepage Forums Sprint To Profit Discussion COACHING CALL – Thur 25th Jun –Post Questions/Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST Reply To: COACHING CALL – Thur 25th Jun –Post Questions/Critiques below by Wed 5pm EST

Amanda Tucker
Amanda Tucker

Hey Lindsey,


Honor kindly added comments above but you may not have seen this as it was not posted as a reply.  So I am adding a reply directly to you, just in case:


An EIN (Employer Identification Number) is also referred to as a Federal Tax ID Number. When you do business in the U.S., you can use this number to identify your company and file taxes. If you need to get an EIN from outside the U.S., the process is pretty straightforward and outlined below to help get you started.

In the United States, every business is required to have an EIN. This unique number, which is issued by the federal government, is used by the IRS in order to quickly and easily identify each business for tax purposes.

Once your business has been legally registered, you can apply for an EIN, and the IRS will use your company’s EIN to track your business income taxes, as well as to receive the taxes that you are required to pay.

If you are not a U.S. citizen and you’re located outside of the United States but you’re doing business in the country, such as running an e-commerce storefront or selling on Amazon, you need to go through the appropriate steps to get your EIN and report your earnings.

If you don’t have an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) or SSN (Social Security Number), your EIN will be used instead. Plus, if you are importing goods into the U.S., you will need to show an EIN if you don’t already have an ITIN or SSN. This number will also help you avoid the complex forms from U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

How to Get an EIN from Outside the U.S.
To obtain an EIN as an international applicant, you must call the IRS at 267-941-1099 and press the appropriate number from the menu to receive a foreign EIN. Just be aware that this isn’t a toll free number (you can add credit to your SKYPE account to call the USA), and the hours of operation are from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The office is open Monday through Friday only. Also be aware that this call could take quite a bit of time, so be sure to set aside at least an hour of uninterrupted time in your day to wait on hold and speak with a representative.

If you are going to make this call, make sure that you are authorized to get the EIN (either as the owner of the business or as a Third Party Designee who has been authorized to act on behalf of the business). You will also need to be able to answer questions related to Form SS-4, (find the form here: which you can get by visiting the IRS website and searching for the Application for Employer Identification Number.

Form SS-4 asks questions regarding your business, including its business mailing address,the type of entity that your company is, your reason for applying for an EIN, and the industry you work within. Completing these questions in advance will allow you to have the answers during your phone call, saving you time, but also be prepared for additional inquiries.

At the end of your call, you will be issued an EIN, which you can start using right away. Be sure to write the number down and keep it in a safe place, as your physical copy will come in the mail to your U.S. address a few weeks later. If you don’t have a U.S. address, ask the representative if they will mail the EIN internationally or send it via email.