Reply To: Setting up an Amazon Seller account – required info.

Homepage Forums Sprint To Profit Discussion Setting up an Amazon Seller account – required info. Reply To: Setting up an Amazon Seller account – required info.

Regan Blee
Regan Blee
Keymaster

Honor,
I doubt that is correct about the USA phone number.  If you enter a UK name and address into your seller application then it would surely allow a UK phone number.  Amazon deal with sellers all over the world.  I have always had an Australian phone number on my account even though I actually use a US-based LLC as the registered business on Amazon.

Re the EIN number:  yes, that may well be correct about talking on the phone to the IRS.  They have an International EIN Hotline just for international applicants.  When I called it (over 5 years ago), it was a very quick and easy process and the staff were very helpful.  Just explain your situation to them and they’ll tell you exactly what you need to do.  It’s not 24/7 so check the operating hours before calling.

Re the tax stuff:  it’s best to get advice from other UK members or your accountant on this to be sure, but unless the UK/US tax treaty is very different to the Australian/US one, I would doubt that there’ll be any tax withheld or paid in the USA.

cheers

Regan